Sunday 28 March 2021

Will Joe Budden podcast - NoJamil 'Mal' Clay and Rory Farrell, but who cares?

To be frank, I stopped listenly regularly when the Joe Budden podcast left Spotify. Spotify was easy for me, I would just switch it on during my down time and click on the segments I wanted to listen to. I caught up from time to time with the Joe Budden podcast on youtube but it's rather messy with all the adverts and on my device.

Then Joe Budden decided to go for Patronon or whatever it is called and charge people. Then he started to dulute the brand in his boss moves with the women talk podcast. But like I said in a previous post, I mainly started to listen to Spotify (I'd always had it) because of the Joe Budden podcast.

Next thing, its drama, about Mal and Rory going on strike or quitting or taking time out. Here is the thing or the deal, I don't listen beause of his two side kicks, so frankly I don't care that Jamil 'Mal' Clay and Rory Farrell, aren't turning up to work.


Jamil 'Mal' Clay and Rory Farrell are mainly there to give a balanced view to Joe Budden's rants and sometimes passionate but 'different' opinions. Or what I think as Joe Budden unleashed. Jamil 'Mal' Clay and Rory Farrell are ordinary men to give Joe Budden - a fish out of water - balance.

They aren't irreplaceable however I can see its about friendship and I think at some point the business aspect of this arrangement should have been sorted out.

To be frank, and I'm probably speaking before the fact without knowing the detail but that's another thing that used to annoy me about Jamil 'Mal' Clay - him always saying they were friends having a chat, it wasn't professional. Plus his dress sense was like some teenager - it just got worse, I found his sense of style so distracting at times which was why I liked to listen to Spotify.

Jamil 'Mal' Clay, it was always professional, you were doing a job. Yes, the image and optics and lens was to present three men as friends but it was always a job and you and Rory Farrell should have thought of getting some show leverage before it came to this.

Rory Farrell also gave it another balance but before he fully matured - and I guess this is part of the problem, he is now a man - he used to behave like a man boy wanting to be a man.

I hope they sort out their issues on a personal level and behind the scenes, otherwise from a business point, it's no real loss to the Joe Budden podcast. Most of the time, Jamil 'Mal' Clay had ignorant comments which he presented as facts. Like he sounded intelligent but he was really just ignorant. Rory Farrell? I don't really care. This is just sauce or gossip. They could start up a rival podcast, and I might watch but I'm not going to stop watching the Joe Budden.

Both Jamil 'Mal' Clay and Rory Farrell, have gained but as Joe Budden said, they probably need to figure out what they want. More say, better work conditions etc, more pay - as in stakes. Whatever.


As for Joe Budden, I think he needs to think about his business interest and choices carefully. I think he needs a little more patience in terms of expanding but there is still only one Joe Budden, it was just the move to patreon irritated me. It looked like a desperate YouTube move. I thought Joe Budden was too big for that, kind of move. That may have damaged his brand somewhat.


Overall, I hope the three men Jamil 'Mal' Clay and Rory Farrell and Joe Budden resolve their issues. It's always challenging working with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The case of $95 million, Mel Tucker, Willy Bo-bo and inappropriate sexual conducts on the telephone.

Mel, Mel, Mel. It's tough. Mr Tucker. I discussed this case with someone and it's shame. It's a shame that it came to that. List...