Sunday 27 September 2020

What is the worth of the Joe Budden Podcast

I deicided to cover this in a separate post. 

The problem with worth especially monetary worth, it's highly dependant on what the buyer or investor thinks it's worth. So Joe Budden can have a figure what he thinks the Joe Budden podcast is worth and it will be up to the investors to make an independent valuation based on whatever metrics and decide if they are going to match it. 

Saying that, Joe Budden's podcast is worth a lot. To Spotify it gave the platform a lead to a new demographic of podcast listeners, and once those listeners were part of Spotify, they started offering more.  So basically Joe Budden podcast was a lead in, and gateway, a bridge.

For example using myself as a casestudy, I followed the Joe Budden podcast from YouTube to Spotify  however once I arrived at Spotify, the platform started offering me different podcasts. The most recent would be the Michelle Obama Podcast. 

Spotify would have the metrics on my listening preferences - as to which Joe Budden podcast, I listened, finished to and probably now what point I joined. Let's face it, at times Joe Budden does ramble on so I love the fact they cue their topics so I can dip in and out. So with these metrics plus my music listening trends, Spotify can decide what podcast they'll think I'm interested, and most of the time they get it right however there is only one messy  Joe Budden, so his format is difficult to emulate because let's face it when Mal and Rory and Parks are being cautious or measured  - Joe Budden doesn't care, leaves caution to the wind and goes unleashed, unfiltered. 

So when things are happening in Hip Hop universe or some drama, I tend to check in with Joe Budden's opinions on the Joe Budden podcast because even if I don't agree with his rants or opinions - I know they are from the heart and what Joe Budden truly believes at the time. Joe Budden doesn't curate his opinion because even when Joe Budden does, he back tracks and lets us know what he's thinking. Joe Budden is as  honest as you can get on a podcast. 

However back to Spotify, so I joined and after a while I took out a family subscription for an event. And as a result my family, with very different music tastes from me are now on Spotify. Only  Spotify will have that metric, because there was a time with Joe Budden was offering six months premium - I didn't qualify as I don't live in the USA. So you can imagine it's not just listening figures but a paying audience some would have decided to take up the offer for many reasons, and still paying. So not only did Spotify gain from listening figures and advert revenue, then also got more money and potentially other listeners (like my family) though the door. 

Will Joe Budden podcast listeners follow Joe Budden to another platform?

Yes, however it may take time. To be honest, probably but given the allegations which have been categorically denied by Joe Budden on the Joe Budden podcast, I am feeling some kind of way. With the alleged canine abuse allegations - can't see the man in the same way.  Then again, ideally, probably a big yes since Joe Budden is honest and unfiltered on his podcast. There isn't a rant like the Joe Budden rant in the podcast world. Maybe Kanye West but that tends to be due to his alleged  on-going health problems and at times can be incoherent. 

Joe Budden has categorically denied the inappropriate acts even then the fact it was levelled at him, is serious enough.

However ideally, I think when things have settled, his fanbase will follow him to the next platform - but they may not if they are tied in with Spotify - like how many platforms can a person listen to? So they may just stick with Spotify and listen to him on YouTube. Or they could follow and stop listening to Spotify, if they are mainly just Joe Budden fans.  Like they only listen to other podcasts because it's on the same platform. What the point of having two streaming platform app? And if he goes behind paywall streaming device? Who knows.

So hopefully, will settle and Joe Budden will be given his true worth for his Joe Budden podcast. 

Take care and keep safe everyone 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The case of $95 million, Mel Tucker, Willy Bo-bo and inappropriate sexual conducts on the telephone.

Mel, Mel, Mel. It's tough. Mr Tucker. I discussed this case with someone and it's shame. It's a shame that it came to that. List...